The Pantheon Saloon was built as a plain board-and-batten hotel in 1897. After briefly being used as a hotel, the building served as a hardware store. It is most notable for its Rustic storefront, added in 1903 when it became the Pantheon Saloon and a substantial addition increased its size from 18 feet by 28 feet to 21 feet by 48 feet. Charles O. Walker, who had designed the Rustic front of the Arctic Brotherhood Hall, designed this one, which features driftwood logs as columns and cobblestone sections of wall, as well as the driftwood-stick decoration seen on the Arctic Brotherhood Hall.
The building has been altered frequently. The double doors of the Pantheon were replaced by a single door, and some of the cobblestones were removed to enlarge the show windows. A 23-foot-wide building was added to the south in 1943. Yet the unusual Rustic storefront, hailed as “artistic” when constructed, remains.