In 1904, the Jekyll Island Club built a Gothic Revival chapel north of the Clubhouse. It was established as a nondenominational church, although it served a predominantly Episcopalian congregation. Architect Howard Constable designed the small, shingle-clad structure, which featured open-truss ceiling beams on the interior. Behind the altar is an east window, the Adoration of the Christ Child, which was designed by the father-daughter team of Maitland and Helen Armstrong. Maitland had worked for Louis Comfort Tiffany, who also contributed a stained glass window at the opposite (west) end of the chapel. Installed in 1921, the stained glass window was dedicated to Frederick Gilbert Bourne, president of the club from 1916 to 1919. The window, David Set Singers Before the Lord, may have been a pun, inasmuch as Bourne was former head of Singer Sewing Machine Company.
McCash, June Hall. The Jekyll Island Cottage Colony. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press, 1998.