This large frame structure, originally built as a mine superintendent's house, was dismantled, moved in parts from the original site to the exhibition mine, rebuilt, and opened for tours in 1995. A plaque in the yard notes “this threestory structure from Skelton, West Virginia was designed in 1906 by Samuel Dixon of the New River Coal Company,” but a framed drawing inside, showing the front elevation and floor plans, is labeled “Cranberry Fuel Co. Skelton. A. D. Gallahan's Residence, Aug. 30, 1906, W. P. T., Jr. Macdonald, W. VA. Eng's off.” Skelton and Cranberry are adjacent New River Coal Company towns just north of Beckley.
A front porch wraps around one side of the Queen Anne style house, and a steeply gabled roof tops a two-story octagonal bay to the left of the entrance. Typical early-twentieth-century appointments, including lots of lace curtains, decorate the rooms and the “super's” office.