In 1901, the county hired Goodman to replace the flood-damaged Joseph Pomeroy's mill and dam, and the wooden bridge across Tuscarora Creek. The one-lane covered bridge was built south of the dam by Groninger. At 278 feet in length and nearly 18 feet wide, the doublespan Burr truss is one of the longest covered bridges in Pennsylvania. Faced with randomwidth board-and-batten siding, it is lighted by a single window centered on each of the long sides. The bridge rests on stone abutments and a central stone pier. The portals are square and the eaves are scalloped and flared.
- George E. Thomas
Buildings of Pennsylvania: Philadelphia and Eastern Pennsylvania, George E. Thomas, with Patricia Likos Ricci, Richard J. Webster, Lawrence M. Newman, Robert Janosov, and Bruce Thomas. Charlottesville: University of Virginia Press, 2012, p. 429.
SAH Archipedia, eds. Gabrielle Esperdy and Karen Kingsley, Charlottesville: UVaP, 2012. Online. http://sah-archipedia.org/buildings/PA-02-JU10. Accessed 2014-04-19.