Few buildings remain from the early days of this Agricultural Experiment Station, established in 1906. By 1911, 93 acres had been cleared, 70 of which were under cultivation. A log barn, 30 feet by 32 feet when built, was extended 30 feet. Two log cabins had been converted to provide housing, and in 1911 a new cottage was built, perhaps the one that stands there now. In 1914, a 25-foot-by-40-foot hog house was built. Using earth as insulation between studs, it was covered with corrugated, galvanized iron.
The station was one of the more successful of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Alaska stations, and buildings appear to have been replaced as needed. The present dairy barn has a concrete block first floor (probably in response to dairy laws) and a gambrel roof. All of the other barns have plywood siding with a saw kerf textured siding called T1–11 and gable roofs. When the government closed all the agricultural experiment stations in Alaska in 1932, this one was acquired by the University of Alaska, which continues to administer it today.