Built on the road from Fairbanks to Circle, the two-story log roadhouse is in a deteriorated condition but still conveys its former grandeur. Riley Erickson and Henry Stade built the 20-foot-by-52-foot building in 1926 to replace the original roadhouse, dating from 1894. The building is constructed of round logs, saddle notched at the corners, and well-chinked with moss. The gable roof is supported by four purlins but no ridgepole; it is covered with sod on planks. There is a large one-story addition on the south side.
When the Steese Highway was under construction in 1927, Erickson and Stade made sure that the highway would go right by their door. But travelers in automobiles had less need for roadhouses than those traveling by dogsled, and after Erickson's death in 1948, the roadhouse closed. It now has garage doors in its gable end, signifying a new use as an outbuilding.