The rusting heap of Jack Wade Dredge,
One of the first dredges in the area, the Jack Wade Dredge was brought into the Fortymile in 1907, first working Walker Fork and Uhler Creek. A tin-covered building on pontoons, the dredge is considerably larger than most buildings of its time in Alaska, with about half the capacity of the Goldstream Dredge in Fox. In 1934, when it was brought to Jack Wade Creek, the hull and bucket line were replaced. The dredge worked until 1941; it has since been abandoned.