Constructed to replace a church that had been destroyed by fire, this church maintains
The previous church was constructed in 1873–1874 of hewn logs in the plan of a Greek cross. The cross-gable roof was topped by a large octagonal drum at the crossing; its pyramidal roof supported a cupola with an onion dome. The square bell tower supported an octagonal belfry, topped by a small onion dome. The windows were rectangular.
The present church is in the plan of a Latin cross, also with an octagonal drum at the crossing and a square bell tower. On this church, the transept is much shallower, the drum much smaller, and the two onion domes much larger. Windows have Gothic arches, a difficult form in log buildings, and thus reflecting the wood-frame construction. The sanctuary has a small, polygonal projection at the rear.
The interior is light and spacious. Most of the icons are new, the old ones having been lost in the fire. The iconostas is divided into five bays by stylized golden pilasters.