This is a historic suspension bridge built by the Pioneer Construction Company of Malvern. It is 554 feet long, but only 11 feet wide. The bridge stands on two concrete footings that carry the vertical supports for the wires. Remnants of the former railway bridge (1882) spanning the river to the north are visible from the bridge. Adjacent to the bridge is Beavertown Inn, which began as a general store and post office built in 1901 of limestone blocks by Mark Swope to replace a frame building that had been in operation for decades.
Farther downriver where the White flows into Beaver Lake is Beaver Dam (1960–1966; AR 187), constructed by the Corps of Engineers as part of a flood control project in the White River Basin. As well as controlling floods, the dam generates hydroelectric power, and the lake provides a public water supply and areas for recreation, notably Beaver Lake Dam Site Recreation Area.