This courthouse with its corner towers and taller clock tower is a formula Thompson used for other county seats at the turn of the twentieth century, but this design differs from those earlier Romanesque Revival buildings in its use of buff brick and classical details. Three-story hexagonal turrets mark each corner of the two-and-a-half-story building, and small dormers line its red tile roof. The most impressive feature is the flamboyant entrance portico, late Renaissance in spirit with its columns and pilasters, an entablature broken by a cartouche and scrollwork, and a curved pediment. Another Renaissance feature is the Palladian motif for the cupola at the top of the clock tower.
Behind the courthouse at 109 Court Street a one-story frame house of 1895 has a wrap-around porch with Eastlake ornamentation and Stick Style work in the gable. The building now houses law offices.