George Snow, a New Yorker who homesteaded in Byers in 1879, put together one of the county's largest sheep and cattle ranches. His story-and-a-half clapboard house has a hipped dormer and large front porch spanning the living room. Despite
The Snow Ranch Barn (c. 1890, George A. Snow, builder), four miles south on Arapahoe County 173, is a vertical clapboard barn with a cupola-crowned, gambrel roof and an overhang on the north side to cover the hay pulley. Five small four-paned windows look out of the east and west sides. This relic of a once common building type is the only early structure left on a ranch the Snow family held until 1957, when it became part of the vast Bradbury Land and Cattle Co.