The Bond homestead is a pastoral, walled, two-acre complex of fourteen single-story buildings, including two residences, a doctor's office, and various outbuildings. The white steep-gabled main house presides over the complex. Reverend Bliss erected the frame portion of the house prior to the Bonds' arrival in June 1841. The kitchen was added c. 1845, and the masonry section appeared in 1853. The gable-roofed doctor's office off the rear corner of the main house dates from the return of Reverend Bond's son, Benjamin, from medical school in 1884. The Greek Revival cottage, with its pedimented windows and gable returns, was built in 1889 for Dr. Bond and his wife. Breezeways, designed to protect the occupants during inclement weather, connect all these buildings. Many of the structures retain their original materials, including hand hewn timbers and iron strap hinges and latches.
Since the death of Dr. Bond in 1930, the property has remained unoccupied, although maintained by a special trust and family members. Plans are underway to make it into a museum. The house and some of the masonry outbuildings sustained substantial damage in an earthquake in October 2006.