This mortuary chapel's heavy masonry walls, catenary profile, and battered, elliptic bell tower all pay homage to Le Corbusier's chapel (1955) at Ronchamp. The asymmetrical interior, with its curving walls and ceiling, token stained glass perforations, and recessed windowed cavity which indirectly lights the inset oval altar, is also reminiscent of the French structure. Integrated into this work are a side lanai with four round-arched doorways, second-story jalousies, and a side wall of sliding glass doors, all of which serve to localize the building. A covered lanai beyond the sliding doors augments the chapel's seating area, and an open courtyard mediates between the spiritual and temporal realms of the chapel and its connected post-service reception area.
The nearby Mauka Chapel, a more overtly Hawaiian-style building, was constructed c. 1995 and features stained glass depicting Hawaii's tropical flora. This chapel was designed by J. Stuart Todd, an architectural firm based in Dallas, Texas, which specializes in designs for the funeral industry.