Keachi (also known as Keatchie) is a small crossroads community settled before the Civil War when Greek Revival was at the height of popularity, as is evident in many mid-nineteenth-century buildings here. The white-painted wooden Presbyterian Church set a standard for the style with its Doric porch and pediment. The porch was enclosed in the 1890s, and the resulting new facade was given a central entrance with flanking windows, all three with triangular openings at the top suggestive of Gothic Revival. The pedimented belfry was probably added at the same time. However, the classical theme is carried through to the interior, where the paired pilasters and entablature are attached to the sanctuary wall behind the raised altar.
Just west of the Presbyterian Church, the United Methodist Church of 1879, also of white painted wood, has a simpler and more austere design. Its facade has two separate but identical pointed-arched entrances, one for men and the other for women, and is outlined with gable-end returns that give the impression of a classical pediment. A belfry at the peak of the gable has a small pointed steeple. Greek and Gothic revival features are combined in the Keachi Baptist Church (c. 1880) located a short distance west of LA 789. The gabled front, the small projecting portico, and the belfry all have molded profiles and gable-end returns, and narrow pilasters define the corners of the portico and the main body of the church. Gothic influence is evident in the pointed-arched windows of the side walls. Opposite the church is the site of the Keachi Female College, founded by the Baptists in 1856 and closed in 1912.