Reminiscent of Congregational meetinghouses of New England, the simple, vernacular, wood church was built in 1862–1864 on the village square by the congregation founded by Vermont settlers. The gable-front rectangular building has a projecting single square entrance tower and steeple terminating in an octagonal spire. A whisper of medieval verticality is exhibited in the attenuated windows and in the buttresses that are placed at the front corners. The round-arched windows reflect the trend in the Congregational Church during the 1850s and 1860s to favor Romanesque.
The addition to the rear holds an education wing and a combined fellowship hall and classrooms and links to the historic church. The application of aluminum exterior siding compromises the historic character.