One of three brick pre–Civil War houses on PA 208 in the northwestern corner of Lawrence County, this is a two-story, brick, twelve-sided, or dodecagonal, house. The house, apparently built by the Brown family, has had its original windows replaced and a porch added later. Normally a cupola would crown the roof of this house type.
An older relative, James P. Brown, built a c. 1830 brick two-story farmhouse with elongated narrow windows at 1229 PA 208. With its nearly square massing, oculus, and three bays, it varies from the traditional five-bay rectangular composition.