Prolific local architect Sidney Winfield Foulk, whose national practice consisted of public buildings, such as YMCAs, churches, and hotels, designed this church. He and his son, Frank H. Foulk, practiced together from 1900 to 1907. Frank continued to practice in New Castle until his death. Sidney left New Castle and died in Long Beach, California.
Foulk's churches are each different. Here a crenellated round tower and an oversized crenellated square tower flank the gabled facade. A smaller version of the square tower is behind it to the west. The building is further animated by circular and arched windows, recessed doors, and the combination of brick walls and stone detailing. The church has an Akron plan, with the pews curved to face the pulpit and the organ at the southwest corner of the sanctuary. The balcony is reached by curved stairs in each of the facade towers. Five pastel-colored windows line the entrance loggia on the first story of the east elevation. Two distinctive round windows on the east and south elevations have square edges at one side. A beautiful stained glass window portraying a sunrise faces east to be illuminated by the morning sun.