A handsome rendition of the basic rectangular post office, this building has been enlivened with terra-cotta swags, an acanthus leaf decoration along the cornice, fluted Ionic columns flanking the central recessed windows, black marble at the entrance, and detailing on the canopy over the delivery bay. Skillful handling of the brick and stone further distinguishes this building. The interior is remarkably intact, and includes a coffered ceiling, marble pilasters, and Moderne chandeliers. Architects Edgar Ellis Clepper (1871–1951) of Sharon and his brother Harry C. Clepper (c. 1875–c. 1950) of Pittsburgh shared a practice intermittently between 1912 and 1947, when Edgar moved to Arizona.
Nearby, at 125 Main Street and adjacent to the town's train station is the Art Deco Municipal Building (c. 1930).