The first of the arc of adjacent houses, at number 300, is an early nineteenth-century, one-and-one-half-story dwelling with doors at either
Another basic one-and-one-half-story, flank-gabled Greek Revival house, this for Dr. Addison Knight (1843; rear ell, twentieth century), at number 312, is the best of all. Instead of a portico, a porch supported on wide-spaced Doric columns stretches across the front, with a fine example of the basic Greek Revival sidelighted door. Angled toward Abbott Run is number 314, another one-and-one-half-story house with shed dormer (c. 1800), which received a tentative Greek Revival facelift (1837), especially to the entrance, with an attenuated quality which again suggests Federal sensibilities groping toward something new. Opposite this row, and close to the stream, is the oldest house in the village, a much-altered eighteenth-century, one-and-one-half-story gambrel (1745, 1773) at number 315, probably built by Amos Arnold. He operated a sawmill on the west side of the stream and a gristmill on the east bank, and gave the place its name. The adjacent barn is mid-nineteenth century.