Here on this elevated site, at a T-intersection, Greek Revival makes a self-conscious effort to be dramatically monumental. All features are exploded, especially the center window with its stack of eight-over-eight-over-sixteen-paned sash, which become twelve-over-twelve along the sides. (The too-narrow shutters, later addenda, are ribboned distractions.) In keeping with this grandeur, detailing is more sophisticated. Door frames are paneled with flush
The vernacular loses its own sure instincts in the belfry. Although it is well scaled, its paired pilasters are underarticulated, and the horizontal clapboarded band under its cap is so awkward that it appears to be a careless later repair. During the 1955 renovation which connected the parish house (1868) to the church itself, the major entrance was shifted from the front of the church to a covered entrance at the junction of the church and its wing to serve the entire complex. The church entrance is now on the former rear wall, and the pulpit was moved to the wall behind the front elevation, thus effectively sealing it. Although evidence of the original interior exists, successive renovations have not been kind to its preservation.