In addition to windows that are unusually large for the period, the handsome brick mill has the unusual feature of a tower at each end of its short central hall. The towers have mansards so high as to be almost peaked and are topped with wood shingles and delicate wrought iron cresting. It was converted to commercial space in 1987.
Various types of mill housing flank Ten Rod Road, the most interesting of which is the now dilapidated boardinghouse directly across from the mill. Farther up the road lie the grand houses which Robert Rodman built for himself and his three children. Number 681, the Franklin Allen House (1882), has been severely altered for use as a nursing home.