The well-proportioned three-story Classical Revival courthouse is sheathed in red brick, an uncommon brick color in the border region that contrasts with the white window spandrels, terra-cotta cornice, and monumental Ionic columns. The neighboring Raymondville Chronicle Building (c. 1970), at 192 N. 4th Street, is a one-story former bank facility expressing a modernist Gothic identity with its inverted, pointed arched openings and thin decorative buttresses. The first prefabricated building in the city, it illustrates the late, sporadic development around the courthouse square.
Hidalgo Avenue is the city's commercial artery with highly altered storefronts. The now-vacant brick and stucco Texas Theater (c. 1940), at 364 W. Hidalgo Avenue, stands out with its still-intact Moderne details including sign, marquee, and ticket office.