Leffland modified the vernacular church house type in his design of a wood church building for Victoria's Spanish-language Protestant congregation. The front-gabled, rectangular-planned building is five bays long rather than four, and the main entrance involves a pair of doors at one corner rather than a centered front doorway.
Just south of the Nicea Presbyterian Church is a cluster of significant houses. Leffland built the house at 302 E. Convent Avenue in 1900 for his wife, Emilie Sophie Struck, and their seven children, two of whom, Kai and Paul, would join their father's architectural practice. It is a grand, two-story, Colonial Revival house with one of Leffland's distinctive curved porticoes, which inscribes the front and sides of the house in a shallow oval. The house is presently screened from the street by a high wall.
At 307 E. Convent is the Huck-Welder House. Built in Indianola by German-born merchant H. J. Huck in the 1850s, it was reconstructed in Victoria in 1887, the year after the second great Indianola storm, by Jules Leffland for Huck's son, Francis. An elaborate restoration in 1985 entailed extensive reconstruction of components sacrificed to twentieth-century modernization. Behind the Huck-Welder House, at 507 S. De León Street, is the D. H. Regan House of c. 1880, another Indianola transplant. Mrs. Huck and Mrs. Regan were sisters. Diagonally across the street from the Regan house at 401 E. Murray Avenue is the two-story Colonial Revival house of lumber dealer and public official B. F. Williams of 1909.