An unusual squat corner tower, with identical steps and entrances on two sides facing E. Elm and Stephenson streets, distinguishes this brown brick, Gothic Revival church. Pointed arched portals and lancet windows are dressed in contrasting cast stone on the tower and nave of this five-hundred-seat church that is based on the curved Akron seating plan. Designed by Dallas-based Hill, the stunted tower and the elaborate tracery of the west window are similar to his Oak Lawn United Methodist Church (1913; 3014 Oak Lawn Avenue, Dallas), which has a more traditional triple-arched front portal.
Hill also designed St. Mary’s Episcopal Church (1911) nearby at 200 N. Abbott Street. This, the congregation’s second church, replaced an 1886 building destroyed in a tornado. Here the tower is at the rear of the nave. The wide arched windows along the nave and a shawl lintel over the entrance are soft Tudor touches.