
This brick church has a cross plan and auditorium-style seating, an arrangement not often used by Episcopalians. The church originally had two side entrances, one in the diagonally set two-story tower on the left side of the building and the other in a truncated tower on the right. In the 1960s, a wide narthex with a central gable and pointed-arched entrance was added to the front of the church, which created an interior space between the two entrances. Initial construction of the church was interrupted while church leaders searched for a builder able to construct the vaulting for the church's cross plan. The battlemented tower's completion had to wait until about 1930.