A Knoxville, Tennessee, firm designed the striking headquarters for this bank that was established in 1874. A monumental arched entrance bay dominates the center facade of the three-story building. This classical feature is combined with the type of geometric ornamentation popular in the 1920s. White stone and terra-cotta imposts and square diamond-shaped tiles adorn the building's principal elevations and the dark-red brick walls.
A more conventional design for a bank is the Beaux-Arts Classical former Marion National Bank (1927, Eubank and Caldwell) at 101 E. Main Street. Double-height Doric columns flank the recessed entrance of the ashlar-veneered building that concludes with a prominent modillioned cornice.