Across the railroad tracks from the Mullins House (WI12) is a two-and-a-half-story, frame and weatherboard, gable-roofed duplex set on a random rubble stone foundation. Housing two families of miners, the duplex is smaller and less stylish than the superintendent's house and now has alterations made after the company sold the house to private owners. Adjacent to the duplex is a coal house, a ubiquitous feature in the yards of all coal company houses in the region. The small, wooden, gable-roofed structure is divided into two compartments used to store coal for the two families living in the duplex.
At 5023 Stonega Road is a typical single-family miner's house. Built c. 1910 and situated among fourteen similar houses, it is a wooden gable-roofed house that has turned porch posts and sawn brackets as decorative elements.