This frame church on a limestone foundation replaced the congregation's c. 1800 church. The church has an unusual low entrance in the gable end flanked by two tiers of windows. Originally, the two lower windows were the entrances, and the current ground-floor central entrance was created in 1899 when a basement was dug out to create Sunday school rooms. Inside, the auditorium-type church has a deep balcony.
The church's cemetery has about thirty early gravestones with German names. Most of them were carved by Laurence Krone, Virginia's only early German carver known by name. Krone's tomb for the Reverend George Flohr, one of the church's early pastors, consists of a headstone, a large footstone, and a coffin-shaped slab, all with the thick reeded “piecrust” edging typical of Krone's work. The headstone and footstone are in his favorite shape and decoration, a circular form rising headlike above rounded shoulders and sinuous floral and heart motifs. Krone is buried in one of the cemetery's unmarked graves.
In the 1980s Pastor Flohr's house was moved to the churchyard from its location about one mile north in order to save it from demolition. Probably built at the beginning of the nineteenth century, the initial single-pen V-notched log house had one room above and one below and was set on a stone foundation with an exterior-end chimney. The second log section is thought to have been added a few years later.