Mineral Point’s downtown combines a variety of styles, yet the scale and materials of the buildings create visual continuity. The Romanesque Revival First National Bank (1907; 203 High) has sandstone walls trimmed with red stone, lending a polychromatic beauty. Continuous arches frame the openings. Although less imposing, the limestone Nelson Lathrop Grocery and Provision Store (1862; 235 High) possesses its original wooden store-front, with a recessed entrance and prominent cornice.
The red brick Gothic Revival Trinity Church (1845; 403 High) features a square tower in the center of the facade, with a crenellated parapet and lancet arches. The handmade pews date from 1851, and among the church’s beautiful stained glass windows are two (the Mary and Martha and the St. Cecilia) by Tiffany Studios.