This bronze statue shows a portly Mr. Huntington, standing, wearing a morning coat and holding a cane. The statue was originally located in a far more appropriate spot—the landscaped plaza in front of the C&O depot (next entry)—not on a brick terrace facing the former B&O station. The statue, sculpted by Borglum (1867–1941), who will forever be known for his presidential heads at Mt. Rushmore, was commissioned by Huntington's nephew and heir, Henry E. Huntington, and his widow, who had become his nephew's wife. They presented it to the city and the railroad on October 23, 1924.
The statue was relocated to Heritage Village in 1977, but now that the former C&O depot (see next entry) has a new lease on life, a movement is afoot to return it to its original setting. If this is done, Collis Huntington will likely stop spinning in his grave.