Frank and Anna Hunter built this American Foursquare on a bluff overlooking the Greenbrier River. The two-story house, covered with a hipped roof, typifies the comfortable middleclass housing stock that the county's great lumber boom made possible and affordable. In 1962 the Pocahontas County Historical Society bought the house, which it maintains as a museum, open during summer months.
A c. 1835–1840 log house was moved to the grounds in 1969 to serve as part of the museum. One and one-half stories tall and built of Vnotched poplar logs, the mountain dwelling had been continuously occupied until 1943. It was moved intact, but the stone chimney was rebuilt.