Three buildings in Eagle are identified with the Northern Commercial Company, the biggest trader in the Interior, created by the merger of the Alaska Exploration Company and the Alaska Commercial Company in 1901. A corrugated-metal-covered warehouse on Front Street and a store next door were built in 1898–1899 for the AE Company, while around the corner on Berry Street the AC Company built another store. The Front Street store has an elaborate false front, featuring multipaned storefront windows, recessed entrance, and a stepped, parapeted roofline with a denticulated cornice. It is attached to a building constructed of logs sawn flat on three sides, square notched at the corners. The building stands vacant, but its former grandeur measured by this remote setting is readily apparent.
The store on Berry Street, known as the Taylor Building, has the same storefront, with a recessed entry and multipaned windows, surmounted by a gable instead of a false front. The building is wood-framed, covered with novelty siding.