In 1870 John and Bridget Gully Delaney from Tipperary, Ireland, settled a homestead that is now a 160-acre Aurora City Park site on two waterways, Tollgate Creek and the Highline Canal. The round frame barn (c. 1900) (NR), the only one left in Colorado, has a conical roof and prominent ball finial which emphasize its shape. A variety of outbuildings, including a railroad boxcar and a cinderblock silo, document farm and ranch activities over the past century. John Delaney's clapboard Farm-house (1892) has been restored to its 1910 appearance.
The park also contains the Thomas Gully Farm-house, 200 S. Chambers Road (NR), moved in 1983 from its original location and restored. The Gully family lived in the original single-room clapboard house until a one-and-one-half-story, two-room addition was constructed across the front gable end. The full-width front porch is a good vantage point for watching the front yard prairie dog colony. Restored to its 1870s appearance, this plain house, distinguished by Greek Revival vernacular elements, is the oldest dwelling in Aurora.