Built for a Korean congregation, this building's dominant, yellow-tiled, flared, hipped gablet roof with overhanging eaves and exposed rafters supplanted an earlier shake roof. A prominent, centered side portico with a bell tower faces N. Judd Street. The red columns and window muntins further impart a Korean touch to this otherwise simple structure.
Several Korean Christian congregations were formed in 1903, less than a year after the first Korean immigrants arrived in Hawaii. By 1907, these various organizations had coalesced into one body, utilizing the sheltering wings of St. Elizabeth's mission in Palama (OA8). In 1924, they built a separate frame facility on the St. Elizabeth property, which was used until the completion of this building in 1952, during the final throes of the Korean War.