Trinity’s congregation, founded in 1847, worshipped in a small wooden building until this stuccoed brick Gothic Revival church was built. Initially the church had a pair of turrets, but, considered unsafe, they were removed and the facade was plastered over in 1873 by Hilger (1830–1879). The facade is strongly articulated with a central gabled tower, a projecting gabled portico, a triple-arched window, buttresses, pinnacles, and moldings and trefoil designs. In 1883 the nave was extended by one bay and a chancel. The interior, without aisles and with tall windows, feels light and spacious. The nave is covered by a ceiling of cypress wood.
Across Coliseum Street at 1401 Jackson, Trinity Episcopal School occupies the two-story Italianate-influenced house designed by Lewis E. Reynolds in 1852 for William Perkins, renovated and expanded by Eskew+Dumez+Ripple. Les Enfants, another project on the Trinity campus, was converted in 2004 to institutional use by Waggonner and Ball Architects, linking two shotguns with a transverse room at the rear of the existing buildings.