This row illustrates the persistence of the type of brick town house built in Cambridge as early as 1827. Absent is the bowfront that was commonly accepted as a standard feature in Boston neighborhoods by 1850. Each house has a recessed entranceway and iron balcony at the second-floor level. As originally built, each house contained a parlor, library, dining room, and drawing room, plus small chambers and a kitchen. Although plain on the exterior except for the balconies, the interior finishes include Greek Revival marble mantels and wood trim, as well as graceful curving staircases. The middle two houses had fourth stories added in 1903.
On an adjacent lot is a wooden double house with a veranda across the front (67–69 Otis Street) erected in 1839. Beneath the veranda are paired entrances, flush board siding, and window trim with characteristic Greek Revival rosettes.