St. Stanislaus Church was the center of a community of immigrants from Poland, and physically dominates the small town. Along with the church is an academy, rectory, and cemetery. The church was designed by Ross, a German immigrant and Grand Forks architect. The cruciform-plan Gothic Revival church is built of red brick, and reinforced with three-step brick buttresses with tan-colored limestone caps. A tall square tower in the center of the gabled front is topped with a robustly proportioned steeple. The interior includes an ornate display of religious iconography.
North of the church, St. Anthony Academy (1921) was built for the Order of the Sisters of the Resurrection, to serve as a convent, day school, and boarding school. Designed by Chicago architect Tocha, this three-story brick-veneered building has an Italianate, bracketed hipped-deck roof with a low conical-roofed round corner tower. Until 1971, the academy taught general subjects and Catholic doctrine, as well as Polish language and customs classes. The parish house/rectory (1892) is a two-story building with a mansard roof and Italianate paired eave brackets. To the east of the rectory is a large parish cemetery, with burials dating to the early 1880s. The head-stones display demographic and genealogical information about the Polish settlement. A granite obelisk to the north of the rectory, erected in 1976, commemorates the early pioneer settlers of the Warsaw area.