The Foxburg Country Club was organized in 1887 on land donated by Joseph Mickle Fox, who became a golf enthusiast after visiting St. Andrew's course in Scotland. The clubhouse, originally a private home, was built by local craftsman Samuel Tippery, who also managed the Fox estate. The building now turns its back on the Allegheny River and faces east toward the golf course with a wide one-story porch along two sides. Its sloping roof and shallow ribbon-dormer mark the house as a bungalow, but one made of logs with thick chinking between them. Two massive stone exterior end chimneys anchor the building to its site.
Several privately owned, early-twentieth-century log and stone houses line the road adjacent to the clubhouse. Many have a similar appearance and all of those built before 1922 are thought to have been supervised by Tippery. The club houses the American Golf Hall of Fame, a collection of early golf clubs and other artifacts.