The Independent Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF), founded in seventeenth-century England, opened an American branch in Baltimore in 1819 with the goal of improving and elevating mankind through friendship, love, and truth. In Brookville, their lodge hall was on the third story of this red brick building. Eight bays of windows are highlighted with prominent cast-iron hood molding on the upper stories. Two storefronts with recessed entrances and windows and transoms restored to their original appearance make up the agreeable commercial space.
Across the street at 225–233 Main Street, the former Marlin's Opera House (1883–1886), a three-story, six-bay red brick commercial building with a gabled and corbeled cornice was commissioned by businessman Silas J. Marlin. The building has a 950-seat auditorium on the second and third stories, much of which is intact.