Situated on the east side of Big Reed Island Creek, this complex of buildings formed the nucleus of a small community, principal among them being the New Hope Primitive Baptist Church (1874). This simple wooden building, three-bays long on an uncoursed stone foundation, has a pair of entrances in the short gable end and a projecting rear chancel. The sloping land on which the church is located provides space for outdoor preaching in an amphitheater-like setting. A covered preaching stand of frame construction on the grounds was probably erected in the 1930s. Two privies provide the necessary facilities for churchgoers. Each August, association meetings/revivals continue to be held at the church and grounds.
Adjacent to the church is the Dalton Supply Company, a late-nineteenth-century frame building consisting of a two-story cross-gabled warehouse and storage rooms connected to a single-story store. The store-front is set beneath a shed-roofed porch and features a recessed entrance with double-leaf doors, glazed transoms, large display windows, and angled tongue-and-groove match-board aprons. The building is ornamented with vergeboards and paired brackets. A small one-and-a-half-story frame cottage (c. 1920) built for Gordon and Lucy Hurst Dalton is on the hillside near the store. Though the house's side-gabled porch and shed-dormer are firmly rooted in the twentieth century, the gable-end brackets and tongue-and-groove match-board siding refer to older design precedents.