This neoclassical neighbor and contemporary of the Moderne courthouse affords an interesting architectural contrast with it. An academic tetrastylar Greek Doric portico, complete with fluted columns, triglyphs, and metopes, all executed in Indiana limestone, centers the facade of the rectangular, two-story building. The
The design was selected in a 1928 competition in which all area architects were invited to participate. After serving as the temporary courthouse, the memorial building later housed the public library and the American Legion. It now serves the Development Authority of Mercer County.