Now on its fourth site, the Birchwood Station has been removed from the railroad it used to serve. Built as the railroad station in Birchwood, near Anchorage, this building was moved to Willow in 1931 to serve as the station there. In the 1960s it was acquired by the State Highway Commission, which moved it about a mile to serve as a maintenance facility. In 1963, it was moved to its present site where it now houses a craft shop.
The hip-roofed building has an unusual second-story dormer, repeating the form of