Between 1903 and 1906, New York society architects Carrère and Hastings built this white stucco cottage for Frank Henry Goodyear, who made his fortune in timber. The first floor featured seven rooms and a half-bath; the second contained five bedrooms and three bathrooms; and the third floor was used for the servants’ quarters and storage. The Goodyear family owned the cottage until about 1942. Following a 1974 restoration, the house became an art gallery occupied by the Jekyll Island Arts Association.
McCash, June Hall. The Jekyll Island Cottage Colony. Athens: University of Georgia Press, 1998.