The Churchill County Courthouse is the only monumental wood-frame court building in Nevada, standing as a symbol of a local economy unusual in the state because it is largely dependent on agriculture. Ben Leon of Reno designed the structure with one-over-one windows flanking a large entry. A two-story pedimented portico with paired Ionic columns and a second-story deck with a turned balustrade enhances the front facade. The cornice includes shallow brackets, and the front pedimented gable features dentils and raised letters reading “Churchill 1903.” A cupola with stylized fanlights caps a hipped roof.
Although Frederick J. DeLongchamps designed a Moderne addition in 1948, the county did not add a new wing until the early 1970s. This nondescript two-story structure behind the old building contains the courtroom and law enforcement facilities. The courthouse serves as the ceremonial entrance and houses offices.