The Pueblo Revival museum building is on Mesquite's main street, surrounded by a variety of residential and commercial structures. The L-shaped structure is compact, with an asymmetrical facade. One-story-tall rubble stone walls, 1½ feet thick, rise from a concrete foundation and terminate in a flat parapet capped by concrete. Pine poles support the roof, their ends projecting about 6 inches beyond the exterior walls. Window and door openings have concrete lintels and sills.
The building is one of only two known National Youth Administration structures in Nevada (the other is the Pershing County School District Building, the former Vocational-Agriculture Building, in Lovelock; see NO09). Originally planned as a museum and library, the building was used as a clinic and hospital from 1942 to 1977, then by the Boy Scouts, becoming a museum once again in 1985.