For a site off East Avenue, Austin Levy commissioned twenty-two Neo-Colonial houses from a leading Providence firm. It was the first of Levy's projects designed to give his village a colonial aura. Already in this tract, in 1911, along one side of Park Avenue, the preceding Tinkham dynasty had erected a row of plain, clapboarded workers' houses (1902) similar to
Then, built thirteen years later, the prefiguration of the newer village to come: flanking the entrance to the development are three variant versions of prefabricated, one-story, hip-roofed houses in stucco-covered, steel-plate, panel construction, as “modernized” versions of what had gone before. They were experimental models for the larger community of houses completed in 1936 (also known as New Village) which Levy commissioned for a site close to nearby Glendale (see BU13, where the qualities of these houses are discussed).
Also in this New Village enclave are a scattering of houses unrelated to either the Tinkham or Levy building initiatives: one of them going as far back as 1806, with extensive Greek Revival and later additions, which originally housed a member of the Tinkham family; others built independently in the early twentieth century. Of these, a shingled bungalow (c. 1915), at 9 Stewart Court, is perhaps the most interesting.