This small one-and-a-half-story frame building may have been constructed as a warehouse for Joseph Tuley's tanyard, which operated on the site as early as 1786. Now a residence, the building was used as a tollhouse on the Millwood-Berryville Turnpike sometime after 1852. The road that ran along this path was moved to its present location north of the mill in 1929. The side wing and rear porch are later additions.
Three Pounds, Tuley's two-story stuccoed Federal brick house (c. 1795; later additions) at 62 Rocky Bank Lane is located on a bluff across Spout Run from the tannery. The house was supposedly named for the amount Tuley paid for the tannery site.