On the hillside the Gothic Revival Catholic church is a wooden building with a central entrance tower and a louvered belfry. It has an interior noted for ten murals painted in 1919 by Cincinatti artist George Brouche. Shockey and Gladden were contractors for the church. The two-story foursquare frame rectory (c. 1908, T. T. Carter) is adjacent to the church.
Similar in style to the church is the nearby Pocahontas Baptist Church (1882; 74 E. Water), one of several churches built by the company. Like several others, the church is a simple frame gable-end building with a projecting gabled front vestibule, triangular window arches that convey a modest Gothic Revival flavor, and a louvered gabled front belfry with a modest steeple.