Initially named the Agriculture College (renamed in 1995 to honor former Arkansas governor Dale Bumpers), this is one of the five buildings sited and constructed as designated on the University of Arkansas master plan produced in 1925. The Collegiate Gothic building has irregularly coursed gray masonry, a crenellated parapet, and recessed entrance doors surrounded by Gothic moldings.
Collegiate Gothic was also used for the 1936 Chemistry Building (Jamieson and Spearl, with Wittenberg and Delony), constructed of smooth-faced gray limestone but of irregular size and shape. Slender crenellated masonry towers flank the projecting main entrance bay and emphasize it by rising a few feet higher than the parapeted walls. The three-story Home Economics Building (1940, Haralson and Mott, with Mann and Wanger) harmonizes in material, style, and details with the similar buildings constructed in the 1930s. Memorial Hall, completed in 1940 by Haralson and Mott, with Mann and Wanger, was the original student union. This gray stone building combined Gothic and Renaissance, and at the main entrance and throughout the entire interior it embraced the design fashion of the period, Art Deco. The same two firms completed the 1940 Ozark Hall and Chemistry Building, both of which more closely followed the Collegiate Gothic styling of its predecessors.