On southwest corner of Government Square is Grand Manse Pavilion. Previously, this structure was a small municipal comfort station designed in 1924 by Lincoln architect, Fritz Craig. The single-story classically-influenced building offered amenities for the designated route along the Detroit-Lincoln-Denver Highway and reflects the expansion of government services. Like its two larger neighbors, Old City Hall and Grand Manse, it has undergone several renovations and is now a rental living quarters.
Silverman, Barbara, and E. F. Zimmer. Haymarket Landmark District Walking Tour. Lincoln, NE: Lincoln Haymarket Development Corp., 1987.
Zimmer, Edward, and Carrie Schneider, “Government Square,” Lancaster County, Nebraska. National Register of Historic Places Registration Form, 2004. National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington, DC. http://www.nebraskahistory.org/histpres/nebraska/lancaster/LC13-C09-Govt-Square.pdf.